- Meetings: The second Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please check with Cory Riordan to confirm meeting time and location.
The Safety Committee is responsible for developing and implementing programs designed to make the Tremont neighborhood a safe place to work, live and visit. The Committee hosts an annual Living Well in Lincoln Park event.
- Strive for and promote a safe environment for existing and prospective residents and businesses.
- Identify and address areas of low or no visibility of street signage/signals and for lighting .
- Monitor court cases related to Tremont crimes and advocate for strict sentencing through writing letters, appearing in court, etc.
- Lead physical enhancement initiatives to improve safety, including identifying and removing graffiti, creating murals, removing litter, etc.
- Maintain a positive and productive relationship with the Police Commander of the local police district.
- Enlist Safety Coordinator to provide a quarterly report on safety trends and recent issues.
- Develop programs and initiatives that improve the overall safety and livability of Tremont.
- Provide an open and transparent environment for discussing and addressing safety issues.