There are many resources throughout Cleveland to help you launch, scale and maintain a successful business. Businesses can also get involved in the community by supporting events and joining their block club.
For more information about these resources and how to get involved, see the list below and contact Michelle Davis at Tremont West Development Corporation (email@example.com) with any questions.
Promote your business, and get involved in the neighborhood.
Business Assistance & Resources
City of Cleveland Department of Economic Development provides technical assistance, creative financing and educational opportunities that ensure a vibrant economic future for the region. Its mission is to provide assistance to businesses expanding within or relocating to the City of Cleveland. This includes financing, workforce solutions and technical assistance that encourages investment in the community to enhance the lives of Cleveland citizens.
- Address: 601 Lakeside Ave., Room 210, Cleveland, OH 44114
- Phone: (216) 664-2406
- Website: city.cleveland.oh.us/CityofCleveland/Home/Government/CityAgencies/EconomicDevelopment
Council of Smaller Enterprises (COSE) offers cost-effective health insurance, purchasing programs, advocacy on legislative and regulatory issues, and networking and educational events to assist in the expansion of the small business community of Northeast Ohio.
- Address: 1240 Huron Road E., Suite 200, Cleveland, OH 44115
- Phone: (866) 553-5427
- Website: cose.org
Cuyahoga County Department of Development offers resources and support to new and existing businesses. The organization provides loans ranging from $10,000 to $1.5 million to assist businesses with: relocating; expanding or building new facilities; creating and retaining jobs; acquisition of land, buildings, machinery and equipment; new construction; renovation; tenant improvements and technical assistance.
- Address: Cuyahoga County Headquarters, 2079 East Ninth St., Cleveland, OH 44115
- Phone: (216) 443-7000
- Website: cuyahogacounty.us/development
The Economic and Community Development Institute invests, educates and innovates Ohio’s entrepreneurs through its one-stop-shop business services model. The organization provides capital to entrepreneurs looking to expand their businesses and provides business-specific educational opportunities to enhance entrepreneurial skill sets.
- Address: 7000 Euclid Ave., Suite 203, Cleveland, OH 44103
- Phone: (216) 912-5655
- Website: ecdi.org
Hispanic Business Center provides educational and developmental support for the economic and business growth and advancement of the Hispanic Community in Northeast Ohio. The organization offers professional consulting and group training opportunities to educate business owners on how to make successful management decisions.
- Address: 2511 Clark Ave., Cleveland, OH 44109
- Phone: (216) 281-4422
- Website: hbcenter.org/page/hbc
SCORE Cleveland is a chapter of the national SCORE organization, which is a nonprofit committed to fostering and educating the small business community throughout the U.S. SCORE Cleveland counselors provide in-depth, industry-specific business assistance to help evaluate a business idea or plan, stimulate business growth and ensure long-term stability.
- Address: 1350 Euclid Ave., #216, Cleveland, OH, 44115
- Phone: (216) 522-4194
- Website: cleveland.score.org
Small Business Administration Cleveland provides programs and services to help small business owners start, scale and succeed. The organization provides contracting assistance programs, business counseling and contracting guides.
- Address: 1350 Euclid Ave., Suite 211, Cleveland, OH 44115
- Phone: (216) 522-4180
- Website: sba.gov/offices/district/oh/cleveland?leavingSBA=http://maps.google.com?q=1350+Euclid+Avenue%2C+Cleveland%2C+OH%2C+44115
Storefront Renovation Program provides technical, design and financial assistance to commercial property owners whose retail (storefront) buildings are located in City-approved “Target Areas.” The entire Tremont service area is eligible for a SRP low interest loan product offered through the City of Cleveland’s lending partner.
- Address: 601 Lakeside Ave., Room 325, Cleveland, OH 44114
- Phone: (216) 664-2869
- Website: city.cleveland.oh.us/CityofCleveland/Home/Government/CityAgencies/CommunityDevelopment/StorefrontRenovation
Retail Spaces Cleveland is a free web service hosted and maintained by Cleveland Neighborhood Progress. The website was created to provide information on retail and commercial real estate offerings in Cleveland to potential retailers and/or developers interested in urban retail districts. The website includes property details, demographics, neighborhood descriptions and contact information for all spaces listed.
- Address: Cleveland Neighborhood Progress, 11327 Shaker Blvd., Suite 500W, Cleveland, OH 44104
- Phone: (216) 830-2770
- Website: clevelandnp.org/retail-spaces-cleveland
Commercial Property Resources
Join the excitement of the Tremont community! Our neighborhood offers a great location, free street parking, various types of properties, a diverse culture and community support for your business.
If you have any questions about moving or starting your business here, please contact Khalid Hawthorne (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more.