Art Openings, Street Performers, Pop-Up Vendors and More for “Walkabout on the Wild Side” Friday, June 14 from 5 – 10 p.m.
CLEVELAND (June 11, 2019) – Tremont will go wild this Friday, June 14, from 5 to 10 p.m. as artists, alpacas, City Dogs, belly dancers, bag pipers, street musicians and more invade the neighborhood for Walkabout on the Wild Side. There will be multiple art openings, pop-up vendors, food and drink specials throughout Tremont (see below), live music, church tours, rock stacking, dog-friendly patios, and more. Visitors can also enjoy locally produced art in many shops, restaurants and bars, and take a tour of two of Tremont’s iconic churches.
FEATURED ART ON DISPLAY
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson
Lena Atomika (aka Lena Simovic), Photographer, “Through My Eyes”
Born and raised in Cleveland, Lena spent the last 22 years in Los Angeles where she honed her 30+ year hobby into a profession, showing her award-winning work first in Venice, CA, she has also exhibited in New York City and Paris, France.
LOOP – 2180 W 11th
Kristina Kuhn (@whisperzone on Instagram)
Clevelander Kristina Kuhn is a sculptor and installation artist who studied sculpture and expanded media at the Cleveland Institute of Art.
818 Studios – 818 Jefferson Ave. (above Fahrenheit)
Rebecca E. Yody, Painter, “Moving Back; Forward From Here”
This show resonates with beautiful three-dimensional color and texture. Rebecca has been a Cleveland force of art since the 90s and her new body of work is a beautiful reflection of focus on mood and peace within the chaos of our lives.
TREEHOUSE – 820 College Ave.
Jennifer Gleason, digital artist photographer
Jennifer operates in Virginia and Georgia. Her passion lies in bringing dreams into reality through visual storytelling using conceptual surrealism, photo manipulation and heavily stages scenes as her medium. She creates images of a personal nature consisting of self-portraits bearing a deeply metaphorical message pertaining to personal growth through adversity.
FAT CATS – 2061 West 10th Street
Shelly Svonavec, fine art paintings and mixed media pieces
Shelly’s work is loosely reminiscent of various nature elements. Ideas mostly inspired by sky, sun and water, Shelly works in an intuitive and experimental manner with the intention of connecting to and resonating with the viewer.
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
- CLIMB CLEVELAND – new works by Eddie Mitchell and Liane Engstrom
- CRUST – Mike Sobek, painter of food and other cool things
- FAT CATS – Shelly Svonavec paintings
- GRAIN – James Hamilton, furniture and artwork
- GRUMPY’S – Dawn Tekler (wax painter), Josh York (photography), Zena Violetti (paintings), Sandi Valois (stained glass), Tim Baroto (stained glass)
- FLYING MONKEY – Steve Hammerschmidt, photography + magic by Paul Gallagher
- LAVA LOUNGE – Jason Lok
- PAUL DUDA GALLERY – iconic Cleveland photography
- ROBERT HARTSHORN STUDIO & GALLERY – Lila Rose Kole, Straight Outta Berlin
- THE SOUTH SIDE – Todd Leech, ceramicist
- TREMONT TAP HOUSE – Chris Deighan, drawings
- TY FUN – Denyse (Lipka) Carbonell
- VISIBLE VOICE BOOKS – multiple artists provided by Hedge Gallery
STREET ENTERTAINMENT & “WILD” ANIMALS
- Alpacas (corner of College and Professor)
- Baker’s Basement 6:30-9:30 (by Crust’s patio)
- Triage 7:00-9:00 (corner of Professor and Jefferson by Fahrenheit)
- Belly Dancers 7:30 (in front of St. John Cantius)
- Cleveland Kiltie Band (bagpipes) throughout the neighborhood from 7:00-9:00
- Stop by the Flying Monkey to see magic by the amazing Paul Gallagher from 8:30-10:30
- Ed Cote – Rock stacker extraordinaire in front of St. John Cantius from 6:30-9 p.m.
CHURCHES OPEN TO TOUR
Come see the beauty and art inside two of Tremont’s historic churches:
- JOHN CANTIUS – corner of Professor Ave. & College Ave.
- PETER & PAUL UKRAINIAN CHURCH – 2280 W. 7th St. (just down from the Treehouse)
# # #
About Walkabout Tremont
Walkabout Tremont honors the artistic vision of Jean Brandt, who started the Tremont ArtWalk in 1993, with open galleries on the second Friday of each month. Walkabout Tremont expands the event’s focus with music, street entertainment, local history, restaurant and bar specials, and pop-up tents featuring art and artists from within and outside Tremont the second Friday of every month. More specifics, an event map, neighborhood tours and gallery/store/restaurant hours are posted on www.WalkaboutTremont.com #WalkaboutTremont