This month’s Walkabout Tremont celebrates all things Tremont Friday, August 12, from 5 to 9 p.m. There will be art openings and art on display; food and drink specials at local bars and restaurants; 30+ pop-up vendors along Professor Aveune; St. John Cantius Church open for tours; music by Bethany Joy and by Reverbious one man band along Professor Avenue; and, the Tribe Ostara Tribal Belly Dance. And, Inlet Dance Theatre will be performing in Lincoln Park at 7 p.m. as part of Arts In August. Visitors can also enjoy locally produced art in many shops, restaurants and bars, and a magician at Flying Monkey from 8-10 p.m.
FEATURED ART ON DISPLAY
KAISER GALLERY – 2418 Professor Ave.
Journey to Harvest – opening reception
Journey to Harvest a special solo exhibition by Kubra Al Hilali in partnership with Building Hope in The City. Kubra Al Hilali is an Iraqi immigrant and artist based in Cleveland and uses the medium of painting to express messages of hope and justice that speak to our collective human longings. Building Hope in the City selected Kubra as their artist-in-residence for the Creative Fusion program because of her work through its Hope Center for Immigrants & Refugees. The organization was drawn to Kubra’s desire to create beautiful, Iraqi-inspired art while also elevating the civic and creative voice of youth in the Clark-Fulton neighborhood. Curated cocktails that pair with the art will also be available.
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson Ave.
We Can Too Exhibit – multiple artists
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Doubting Thomas is featuring the work of multiple Cleveland-area artists that was rejected from the CAN Triennial, plus artistic donation cans from Doubting Thomas.
PAUL DUDA GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
A gallery full of Iconic Cleveland photography.
JIM RAY – 2379 Professor Ave
Tremont-based artist Jim Ray will be selling prints/posters of his “Professor Avenue 2021” watercolor and other Cleveland-centric art outside of his studio at 2379 Professor Ave. Unframed prints of “Professor Avenue 2021” and “The Flats 1988” will be available for $20.
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
- ROASTED TREMONT – Paintings by Vanessa Faith; Photo prints by Shane McNicholas
- TREEHOUSE – Emily Mayausky (Dog Portraits)
- FLYING MONKEY – Tony Tunzo
- VISIBLE VOICE BOOKS – multiple artists provided by Hedge Gallery
STREET ENTERTAINMENT/LIVE MUSIC & PERFORMANCES
- Music by Bethany Joy (corner of Professor Ave. and Jefferson Ave.)
- Music by Reverbious one man band (corner of Professor Ave. and Literary Ave.)
- Tribe Ostara Tribal Belly Dance on the steps of St. John Cantius Church
- Music by Shawn Brewster at Hi and Dry
- Magic at Flying Monkey with magician Paul Gallagher from 8 to 10 p.m.
- CODA – Featuring Caramel and Harboring
- Imposters Theater – Improv Game Night 8-9 p.m.
- Inlet Dance Theatre will be performing in Lincoln Park at 7 p.m. as part of Arts In August
CHURCH OPEN TO TOUR
Come see the beauty and art inside one of Tremont’s historic churches:
- ST. JOHN CANTIUS – corner of Professor Ave. & College Ave.