Dear Patrons, Artists, Vendors, and Volunteers:
It is with regret that the Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival Operating Committee and Festival presenter, Tremont West Development Corp, announce that the 22nd Annual Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival, scheduled for September 19-20, 2020, will not be held this year due to the SARS-2 COVID-19 pandemic.
The Organizers of the Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival did not make this decision lightly, but with thoughtful care and concern. An event as large as the Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival would present health and safety risks to the artists, vendors, community and cultural groups, volunteers, and patrons that are the lifeblood of the Festival.
After extensive discussion and reflection, the Festival committee concluded with guidance from the City of Cleveland, the Ohio Department of Health and Governor DeWine, and the Centers for Disease Control, that given the current public health and safety guidelines the 2020 Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival must be cancelled.
In the spirit of highlighting our exhibiting juried artists – we will be offering an opportunity to view the artists and their social media handles/contact on our website. The Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival encourages you to take this opportunity to support the artists as you do at the Festival. Please watch social media and our website for further details.
The Festival committee is grateful to the visual and performing artists, community and cultural groups, vendors and volunteers that take part in the Festival. We are looking forward to the third weekend of September, 2021, when we can gather to celebrate the beauty of the arts, the joy of creativity and the spirit of community that is intrinsic to the Festival.
The Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival will welcome you to Cleveland’s Lincoln Park on Saturday and Sunday, September 18-19, 2021 for the 23rd Annual Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival – and until then, wishing you good health and safety throughout the year.
The Annual Tremont Arts & Cultural Festival has been celebrated for more than 20 years
This festival celebrates the cultural and artistic diversity of Tremont and the greater Cleveland area, and supports the endeavors of its visual and performing artists. The event includes over 130 vendors featuring artist selling their paintings, sculptures, jewelry, etc.; live music and dance performances; beer & wine garden; children’s village, and more.
Now in its 22nd year, the 2020 Tremont Arts and Cultural Festival is comprised of five Festival Villages:
- Children’s Village: hand-on arts, historical, and educational projects;
- Community Village: area non-profit organizations presenting material about their mission and services, along with local, independent merchants and vendors;
- Cultural Village: food sales by Tremont and Greater Cleveland restaurants , and fair trade merchants and non-profits reflecting the ethnic diversity of the neighborhood and region;
- Artists’ Village: sales of painting, sculpture, fiber, fine jewelry, glass, wood, ceramics, graphics, and photographs created by Tremont and northeast Ohio artists. Within the Artists’ Village are our special 2019 gallery and program – Focus on the Artists: A Celebration of Artists of the African Diaspora (African American, African, and Black Caribbean) – as well as a return of our special galleries and programs – Focus on the Artists: Freedom and Love – A Celebration of LGBTQ Artists and the Focus on the Artists: Sin Fronteras/Beyond Borders – A Celebration of Latino Artists;
- Tremont Famers Market – the local growers and artisans of the weekly (May 19-Sept 29, 2020) Tremont Farmers Market
The Festival has free music and dance performances Saturday and Sunday on the TACF Main Stage located in the Beer & Wine Garden.
September 19 & 20 2020
Rain or Shine
Sat: Noon–7:00 pm
Sun: Noon–5:00 pm
Parking is available on the streets surrounding Lincoln Park, and in the parking lot at Tremont Montessori School (2409 W. 10th St & Jefferson Ave.)
216-575-0920, ext. 106