Job Title: Housing Program and Property Manager
Reports to: Executive Director and Housing Director
Updated: July 1, 2021
Tremont West Development Corporation is a not-for-profit community development corporation for the Tremont neighborhood in Cleveland, OH. Our mission is to “serve Tremont by creating an inclusive community, building a unified neighborhood, and promoting a national destination.”
Objectives for this position include:
Maintaining a high-quality and fully leased rental portfolio for CHN managed and Tremont West-owned properties.
FT, 40+ hrs, Mon – Fri. Some weekends are required. Cleveland, OH
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leasing of units and turnover of vacant properties in a timely manner
- Enforcement of tenant leases and follow through on eviction cases
- Ensure properties are secure and well maintained; work with residents and staff to meet or exceed operational goals
- Collect and manage monthly rent for CHN managed properties and Tremont West properties
- Collect and manage monthly rent for Near West Land Trust properties per agreement with NWLT
- Process rental applications with CHN and for Tremont West properties; maintain a property waiting list
- Attend monthly Property Manager’s Meeting and Delinquent Payment Meeting at CHN
- Keep accurate logs and paperwork of all tenants and properties
- Required monthly CDBG reports and CHN reports
- Manage additional housing programs for Tremont West including, but not limited to; Weatherization referral, SHAP referral
- Code enforcement duties as assigned
The position demands a highly skilled professional with prior experience working in property management. Possession of a valid driver’s license and car is essential. Computer proficiency in outlook (email and calendar), spreadsheet, and word processing mandatory. Must be able to carry out manual labor tasks including but not limited to the lifting of 50 lbs. Must be on call for Tremont West property emergencies.
Bi-lingual – English and Spanish
Education and/or experience
BA preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2 years experience in property management, leasing or equivalent housing experience.
$40,000 with competitive health benefits package
Email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepting resumes until filled.