Art on Display, Food & Drink Specials, Gaelic Glen Alpacas and More Return
Friday, November 12, from 5 – 10 p.m.
CLEVELAND (November 9, 2021) – Walkabout Tremont kicks off the holiday season this Friday, November 12, from 5 to 10 p.m. with art displayed across the neighborhood, extended hours at art galleries and retail shops, and a variety of fall-themed food and drink specials at Tremont’s restaurants and bars. It’s the perfect time to do a little holiday shopping, check out some great art and more—including a holiday pop-up shop at Tremont Public Works and a book release at Visible Voice Books. Joining Walkabout Tremont again this month are the popular Gaelic Glen Alpacas (weather pending) at the corner of Professor and College Avenues.
FEATURED ART ON DISPLAY
818 STUDIOS – 818 Jefferson Ave.
ON THREE closing reception – 3 works each by 19 artists
A third anniversary celebration art show at 818 Studios. ON THREE is a group exhibition of three works each by 19 veteran and new Cleveland area artists. Artists include Douglas Max Utter, David Louis Cintron, Liz Maugans, Rebecca Yody and more. Closing reception is Friday, November 12, from 6-10 p.m.; music by LIBRARIAN.
KAISER GALLERY – 2418 Professor Ave.
Cut From The Same Cloth
In partnership with The Cleveland Institute of Art’s Creativity Works program, Kaiser Gallery presents Cut From The Same Cloth’ on view through November 28. This exhibit features the mixed media works of Cleveland Institute of Art students Ewuresi Archer and Crystal Miller. The vibrant artworks in this series draw directly from the artists’ African American (Miller) and African cultures (Archer, who’s from Ghana), offering a dialect and a conversation between the two experiences.
DOUBTING THOMAS – 856 Jefferson
Artists Rummage Sale – Laureen Deveney
OTHER ART ON DISPLAY
PAUL DUDA GALLERY – 2342 Professor Ave.
Paul Duda—a gallery full of iconic Cleveland photography.
FAT CATS – 2061 W. 10th St
Ronnie Pyles – photography
• Gaelic Glen Alpacas (near the Treehouse)
• Imposters Theater — Improv Night – Breakneck Comedy Romp 8 p.m. $7 Advance/$10 DOS. This improv set will feature a carousel of fast-paced comedic games and scenes played out and made up before your very eyes. (storefront at 2406 Professor Ave.)
• CODA Live Music Venue – Austin Adams and Lea Marra ($10)
• Visible Voice – Steve Goldberg “History is an Afterthought” poetry book release; Joining Steve will be poets Miles Budimir and Claire McMahon, reading their work.
• Tremont Public Works – holiday pop-up shop with snacks and bar service from Fat Cats; 6 p.m. at W. 14 and Auburn Ave.
# # #
About Walkabout Tremont
Walkabout Tremont honors the artistic vision of Jean Brandt, who started the Tremont ArtWalk in 1993, with open galleries on the second Friday of each month. Walkabout Tremont expands the event’s focus with music, street entertainment, local history, restaurant and bar specials, and pop-up tents featuring art and artists from within and outside Tremont the second Friday of every month. Find more information at: https://experiencetremont.com/featured-events/walkabout-tremont/