Cash & Check donations: $29,455 (2021/2022)
Our second biggest year for cash and check donations in a decade of Holiday Food Drives! Last year’s Holiday Food Drive in 2020/2021 – the biggest year for the Holiday Food Drive in terms of cash/checks – raised $40,741. Pre-pandemic, Holiday Food Drives raised on average $10,000 – $13,00 per year.
In the two years of the COVID-19 pandemic, residents of Tremont/Duck Island/Irishtown Bend have raised a combined $70,196 to support our local food pantries and share food with our vulnerable neighbors and families in need in our communities – an awesome outpouring of generosity by our residents!
Food Items (canned goods & non-perishable items): 823 (2021/2022) and 1,099 (2020/2021) compared to 1,487 (2019/2020) – historically most food items are gathered through Holiday Parties and door-to-door efforts – both precluded the last two years by COVID-19 concerns and restrictions
Food Pantry Beneficiaries in 2021/2022:
- Iglesia Nueva Vida Food Pantry/ despensa de alimentos
- Immanuel Lutheran Church Food Pantry
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank
- Hunger Action Network of Greater Cleveland
- Mega Church Resource Center Food Pantry
- Pilgrim Church Food Pantry
- St. Augustine Hunger Center hot meals program
- St. Augustine Parish food pantry services
- St. Malachi Parish Back Door Ministry
- St. Michael the Archangel Parish/Holy Name Society Food Pantry/San Miguel Arcángel
- Westside Catholic Center
Round 1 donations were delivered to the food pantries before Christmas, 2021. Round 2 donations (to help food pantries re-stock in the new year) will be delivered to food pantries in the next week.
Many, many thanks to the Food Drive Coordinators – A Job Very Well Done!
- Auburn-Lincoln Park – Jonathan Petrea
- Central Tremont – Jennifer Zellner & Chris Zellner
- Duck Island – Jay Demagall and Milton Lorring
- Holmden-Buhrer-Rowley/ Mentor-Castle-Clark – Angelica Pozo and Jackson Lang (Terrapin Bakery)
- Irishtown Bend – Marcy VanderTuig
- North of Literary – Liz Gedeon
- Metro North – Sue Krosel
- South of Jefferson – Kate Carden Tosuksri and Pahniti (Tom) Tosuksri
- Tremont West Staff – Scott Rosenstein and Dharma Valentin
Grand Prize Competition – the Block Club Winner of the friendly completion between block clubs is: North of Literary (22,300 points) Congrats, North of Literary!!!!
The winning block club in this Grand Prize competition, North of Literary Block Club, will receive a $100 cash prize, awarded by Tremont West.
Great Job, North of Literary!
The Tally Sheet: showing Round 1 (donated before Dec. 16, 2021) – Round 2 totals (donated between Dec. 16, 2021 and Jan. 15, 2022) – Green highlighted columns are Totals for Rounds and 2 (2021/2022) – along with comparison totals from 2020/2021.
Top 5 Teams in 2021/2022:
- North of Literary Block Club (Ward 3) – 22,300 points
- Duck Island Block Club (Ward 3) – 10,913 points
- Metro North Block Club (Ward 14) – 7,290 points
- Auburn-Lincoln Park Block Club (Ward 3) – 6,844 points
- Holmden-Buhrer-Rowley and Mentor-Castle-Clark (meet together – Wards 12 & 3) – 3,456 points
Top 5 Teams in 2020/2021:
- North of Literary Block Club (Ward 3) – 23,267 points
- Metro North Block Club (Ward 14) – 20,290 points
- Duck Island Block Club (Ward 3) – 14,121 points
- Auburn-Lincoln Park Block Club (Ward 3) – 8,876 points
- Irishtown Bend Block Club (Ward 3) – 4,142 points
Points are derived by doubling the cash/check figure and adding food items – this determines eligibility for Grand Prize Contest competition (Rounds 1 & 2)
Two other competitions are:
Most Food Items Donated (Rounds 1 & 2) Competition:
- Holmden-Buhrer-Rowley/ Mentor-Castle-Clark Block Clubs (meet together – Wards 3 and 12) – 306 food items donated
- Auburn-Lincoln Park Block Club (Ward 3) – 294 food items donated –
- Duck Island Block Club (Ward 3) – 113 food items donated
- Tremont West Staff – 74 food items donated
- South of Jefferson (Ward 3) – 36 food items donated
The winning block clubs in this competition, Holmden-Buhrer-Rowley/ Mentor-Castle-Clark Block Clubs (meet together), will receive a $50 cash prize, awarded by Tremont West.
Congrats, Holmden-Buhrer-Rowley/ Mentor-Castle-Clark!
Most Cash/Checks (Rounds 1 & 2)
- North of Literary Block Club (Ward 3) – $11,150 in cash/checks donated
- Duck Island Block Club (Ward 3) – $5,400 in cash/checks donated
- Metro North Block Club (Ward 14) – $3,645 in cash/checks donated
- Auburn-Lincoln Park (Ward 3) – $3,275 in cash/checks donated
- South of Jefferson Block Club (Ward 3) – $1,700 in cash/checks donated
The winning block club in this competition, North of Literary Block Club, will receive a $50 cash prize, awarded by Tremont West.
Congrats, North of Literary!
The most important: Caring generously for individuals and families in need in our communities and supporting the great work the food pantries do throughout the year!
Thanks for your generosity and kindness!
Scott Rosenstein and Dharma Valentin,
Holiday Food Drive Coordinators