Job Title: Housing Program and Property Manager
Reports to: Executive Director and Housing Director
Updated: February 7, 2022
Near West Partners is seeking a Housing Program and Properties Manager to oversee housing related projects for the Tremont and Ohio City neighborhoods. Near West Partners is an organization created in partnership between Tremont West Development Corporation and Ohio City Incorporated to work more efficiently and effectively in both neighborhoods by sharing staff, a real estate portfolio, and jointly managing neighborhood programs. The Housing Program and Property Manager will serve both neighborhoods and will be responsible for housing programs and property management across the Tremont West, Ohio City Inc, and Near West Land Trust property portfolios.
Objectives for this position include:
Maintaining a high quality and fully leased rental portfolio for Tremont West, Ohio City and Near West Land Trust owned properties.
FT, 40+ hrs, Mon – Fri. Some weekends required. Cleveland, OH
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leasing of units and turnover of vacant properties in timely manner
- Enforcement of tenant leases and follow through on eviction cases
- Ensure properties are secure and well maintained; work with residents and staff to meet or exceed operational goals
- Collect and manage monthly rent for Tremont West, Ohio City and Near West Land Trust properties
- Process rental applications for Tremont West, Ohio City and Near West Land Trust properties; maintain property waiting list
- Keep accurate logs and paperwork of all tenants and properties
- Required monthly reporting to various agencies
- Manage additional housing programs for Near West Partners including, but not limited to; Weatherization referral, SHAP referral
- Pursue appropriate certifications in regards to low income housing property management
The position demands a highly-skilled professional with prior experience working in property management. Possession of a valid driver’s license and car is essential. Computer proficiency in outlook (email and calendar), spreadsheet and word processing mandatory. Must be able to carry out manual labor tasks including but not limited to the lifting of 50 lbs. Must be on call for Near West Partners property emergencies.
Must have or be willing to pursue appropriate property management certifications to
Bi-lingual – English and Spanish
Education and/or experience
BA preferred. High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2 years experience in property management, leasing or equivalent housing experience.
$45,000 with competitive health benefits package. Negotiable based upon professional experience.
To apply, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.