Title: Director of Marketing, Near West Partners
Reports to: Assistant Director at Tremont West Development Corporation and Chief Operating Officer at Ohio City Incorporated
Job Description: Near West Partners is seeking a Director of Marketing to oversee marketing and events for the Tremont and Ohio City neighborhoods. Near West Partners is an organization created in partnership between Tremont West Development Corporation and Ohio City Incorporated to work more efficiently and effectively in both neighborhoods by sharing staff, a real estate portfolio, and jointly managing neighborhood programs. The Director of Marketing will serve both neighborhoods and will be responsible for strategic leadership of the organizations’ branding, communications, events, and marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will have an interest in community development and a passion for urban neighborhoods.
- Design and execute all marketing collateral and professional materials for the organizations, respective neighborhoods, and programs ensuring all materials align with the organizations’ brand standards. Materials include, but are not limited to, annual reports, fund raising collateral, presentations, and postcards, etc.
- Manage digital communications for Near West Partners and respective organizations, including creating and managing content for social media outlets and email newsletters. This also includes developing strategies around these communications tools and tracking and reporting analytics.
- Work closely with staff to design and implement communications strategies for the organizations and neighborhood programs.
- Oversee production of printed editorial materials, including Ohio City’s quarterly mailer, In Your Backyard; and Tremont’s neighborhood newspaper, Inside Tremont.
- Develop and manage a public relations plan for the organizations that includes fostering relationships with the media, proactively pitching earned media, drafting press releases, and coordinating interviews.
- Maintain the organizations’ websites and oversee development of a new website for Ohio City Incorporated.
- While the organizations hire photographers for various events, an ideal candidate should be able to shoot and edit high quality photos for use in the organizations’ marketing materials and digital communications.
- Plan and execute the organizations’ annual fundraising events, annual meetings, and neighborhood activities. Responsibilities include program planning, budgeting, hiring and coordinating with contractors, soliciting donations, assisting with sponsorship management and recruitment, preparing permit applications, and volunteer coordination.
- Facilitate event partnerships in Tremont and Ohio City.
- Support the marketing needs of the organizations’ corporate sponsorship programs.
- Cultivate relationships with members of the community, organizational partners, and vendors.
- Serve as the staff liaison for committees that involve marketing and events.
- Attend Board of Trustees meetings and deliver presentations as needed.
- Staff some evening and weekend events and meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field. Demonstrated work experience may suffice educational background
- Minimum two-years of related experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience overseeing the design and production of online and print collateral
- Ability to develop marketing and media campaigns that effectively communicate to diverse audiences
- Event planning experience preferred
- Knowledge of digital communications trends and social media tools
- Positive team-oriented attitude
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team
- Self-driven, action-oriented, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated creativity
- Ability to speak in front of audiences
- Ability to serve diverse populations with openness and integrity
Compensation: Starting salary for this position is $50,000. Near West Partners offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, IRA, and advancement opportunities.
To apply, submit your resume and 1-3 work samples showcasing your written skills and design ability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until position is filled.